Sunday, March 4, 2012

caribbean jerk chicken

Print Friendly and PDF

Sometimes it's worth just buying a bottle of marinade at the store and displaying it proudly. I have no idea how to make Caribbean Jerk marinade. Someday I'll find out. While I have 2 youngsters who each pull at one pant leg while I'm making my grocery list, shopping for groceries, putting food away, and making food, there are days when I really don't care how to make this marinade. I just pour it on and walk away with a big fat smile on my face. And 2 people hanging on to my legs.


1.5 - 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 cups Caribbean Jerk marinade (I like K.C. Masterpiece for the kick it has, but Lawry's is milder)
1 16 oz. can pineapple chunks
1 red bell pepper (or green, or whatever's on sale), diced
rice, lots of plain white rice

1. Place chicken breasts in crockpot (or in a shallow baking dish)
2. Pour marinade over chicken and cover.
3. Cook in crockpot on high for 2 hours, low for 4 hours, or in oven for 45-50 minutes until juices run clear.
4. Walk away with a smile - wasn't that easy?!
5. Remove chicken to a cutting board and use 2 forks to pull chicken apart.
6. Serve over rice with pineapple chunks and bell pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment