Friday, March 2, 2012

out of this world potatoes #3 - crispy rosemary

Print Friendly and PDF

When I prepare these for my MIL, she starts making remarks about how she doesn't know how I can do things like this in the kitchen - such magic! Mr. Improv gets his knack for exaggeration from her. But these really will impress even those among you who aren't so fond of potatoes - the key is small cubes and generous amounts of oil and butter. Not the healthiest, you say? Uh-huh. Enjoy!


4-5 large red potatoes, peeled & cut into small cubes (1/2 inch or smaller)
3 T olive oil
3 T butter, in chunks
1 T dried rosemary, or 5 fresh rosemary sprigs
1 t garlic powder

1. Toss the potatoes in the olive oil to coat.
2. Add the dried rosemary & garlic, tossing to coat.
3. Place potatoes in a 13x9 baking pan; place butter over the potatoes.
4. Bake at 400 for 50-60 minutes, turning potatoes twice during cooking, until crispy and golden.

3 comments:

  1. These are really good! I like the crispy crunch right before the rosemary kicks in, oh yes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited. THese are in my oven right now! AWESOME pics by the way! Pro-quality!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, let me know how they turned out! And thanks :)

      Delete