Wednesday, February 29, 2012

so good you won't believe it's spinach

Print Friendly and PDF
Really. You won't. It's even better than this one - this has a sweet & tangy, yet delicate flavor and goes really well with a hearty dish like sausages.


10 cups (approx 1 bag) fresh baby spinach
2 T butter
1/2 t apple cider vinegar
1/2 t molasses
1 t brown sugar
1/4 of an onion, julienne

1. Melt butter in large skillet.
2. Add a couple handfuls spinach; let it wilt.
3. Continue adding handfuls of spinach, letting each one wilt, until all spinach is cooked.
4. Remove spinach from pan.
6. Add cider vinegar, molasses, brown sugar, and onion. Saute until onion is tender but not browned.
7. Return spinach to pan, toss with onions.
8. Serve immediately.

2 comments:

  1. Hmm, sounds interesting. We're not so much for sweet and savory in that way but I'll give it a whirl...

    Can I just say that when I skimmed thru the recipe the first time I thought the last ingrediant was an orange and I was sitting for several minutes trying to wrap my head around how you would julienne an orange. :)

    ReplyDelete